Venue: Bramcote Crematorium, Coventry Lane, Bramcote
Contact: Email: email@example.com
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members are requested to declare the existence and nature of any disclosable pecuniary interest and/or other interest in any item on the agenda.
There were no declarations of interest.
To approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 June 2019.
The minutes were confirmed and signed as a correct record.
To provide the Joint Committee with various updates regarding Bramcote Bereavement Services.
The Joint Committee received an update on Bramcote Bereavement Services and members were advised that:
· The work on the perimeter fence was complete.
· The tender options for a replacement crematorium and burials software was continuing.
· The following progress was reported on items approved at the committee held on 10 January 2019:
§ replacement windows at a cost of £10,000 have been ordered;
§ replacement fascia boards quotes are being sought;
§ a replacement buggy had been purchased.
The open day and 40th anniversary event held on 20 July 2019 proved successful with approximately 200 people attending as well as the Mayors from both Broxtowe and Erewash Borough Councils who cut the anniversary cake.
The Committee was reminded that the Christmas Service of Remembrance has been scheduled for Sunday 1 December 2019 at 11:00 am.
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
The dates of the next meetings are as follows:
16 January 2020 - Bramcote Crematorium
19 March 2020 - Bramcote Crematorium
25 June 2020 - Bramcote Crematorium (Annual Meeting)
RESOLVED that the meetings of the Joint Committee be held in 2019/20 as follows:
16 January 2020 Bramcote Crematorium
19 March 2020 Bramcote Crematorium
(Annual Meeting) 25 June 2020 Bramcote Crematorium
EXCLUSION OF PUBLIC AND PRESS
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that, under Section 100A of the Local Government Act, 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
RESOLVED that, under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972, the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
CREMATORIUM FINANCIAL AND NUMERICAL ANALYSIS
1) delegated authority be given to the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Joint Committee to approve removal of the ring-fencing of the memorialisation account, subject to further advice being sought and the decision being reported back to the next meeting;
2) approval be given for Bramcote Crematorium to offer Direct Cremations at the rate detailed in the report;
3) the data projections for predicted annual death rates be updated and submitted to the next meeting as a result of life expectancies reportedly having plateaued and no longer increasing;
4) the analysis and data provided in the report be noted with no changes proposed to the services provided by Bramcote Crematorium.